Your responsibilities as a library member
You play an important role in ensuring that all members have access to items and facilities in good condition.
As a member you need to:
- return or renew library items on time
- report damaged or lost items
- pay for overdue fines, lost or damaged items
- notify us of change of address
- always act in a courteous manner towards staff and other customers
- adhere to the Library's Code of Conduct
By becoming a member, you agree to abide by the policies and procedures of the Library. Customers who disregard the rules may be denied Library borrowing privileges or access to particular Library services.
Points to note
- Children under 16 years of age need to have a parent or guardian's signature.
- Once you are a member, you can enjoy the full range of library services.
- Library Members can borrow up to 25 items from any of Council's libraries free of charge, including music CDs and DVDs. You can borrow DVDs and magazines for 1 week, and books and music CDs for 3 weeks. Items are also available digitally.
- You can renew your items twice. You can visit, phone the library, or go online to renew at Library Member login with your library card number and password.
- The libraries are free but charges will be applied if items are returned late.
- The Library provides free Wi-Fi, and various sessions and activities. A Home Library Service is available for housebound residents.
For more information about library membership and its privileges, call 9707 9708.